- Cyclone devastation (Live cross, Sarah Azam)
- Failed Commonwealth Games bid (Francesca Mold)
- SuperGold reassurances
- ACC cost cutting (Exclusive, Live cross, Heather du Plessis-Allan)
- Drought impact (Amy Kelley)
- Paralympic gold medal (Jane Luscombe)
- Auckland Museum chief quits (Live cross, Simon Shepherd)
- Failed Commonwealth Games bid (Tony Field)
- Cyclone devastation (Michael Morrah)
- Cable company job cuts
Hmm, big “exclusive” by Heather du Plessis-Allan tonight. So, wait, there are people who don’t get their claims approved by ACC? *Shock*
I thought the two lead stories were very interesting – especially with 3 News giving the lead to the Paralympic gold medal rather than keeping it to the sports section. Given that we’ve had lead stories about the trans-Tasman row, it’s nice to see the Paralympics getting such recognition.
Of course, this doesn’t take away from Cyclone Tomas and you could argue that disaster trumps good news every time. Kudos to 3 News who have a reporter on the ground in Fiji – Michael Morrah – while ONE News just had Sarah Azam in an Auckland radio studio.
Wonder where ONE News’ Pacific correspondent Barbara Dreaver is and why she isn’t presenting the stories on Fiji? Oh that’s right, she was expulsed from there….
Seriously, it’s a mere three hour flight to Fiji and ONE News can’t get a reporter in there to report first-hand?