Ramsay pulls pin on NZ charity dinners

TV chef Gordon Ramsay has had to pull the pin on a pair of charity dinners in New Zealand this year, staing matters beyond his control.

The star of the likes of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmare’s and The F Word was due to make speaking appearances at special charity dinners in Wellington and Auckland later this month.

The dinners were in aid of young Matisse Reid who suffers from chronic intestinal obstruction and has to ingest her food via an intravenous drip.

Duco Events, who arranged the dinners, are threatening legal action against the British chef after they sold 2000 seats to the two events, hoping to raise $100,000 for Reid.

Duco director David Higgins was told the news by Ramsay’s lawyers on Tuesday this week, just days before the first dinner.

Mr Higgins told the Herald that the news was “devastating” and apologised to fans.

“We’d like to apologise to his New Zealand fans, despite the fact [the cancellation] is out of our control,” he said.

The cancelation is the second by Ramsay this year for the event, after postponing earlier in the year.

Source: NZHerald

Subscribe to our mailing list

About the author

Brad