Love music? Does the camera love you? If the answer is yes, you might just be the new face of Rhythm & Vines. That’s right, New Zealand’s biggest and best festival is on the hunt for the ultimate R&V ambassador.
Building on the success of last years inaugural R&V Protégé competition, in 2011 Rhythm and Vines, together with U are looking for someone to be a ‘roving reporter’ for the next 12 months.
The R&V Protégé will go behind the scenes and cover this year’s festival – for both R&V’s Behind the Vines and U. They’ll also attend and cover other shows like R&V Soundcheck at Vector Arena later this month and be sent to international festivals in both Australia and Europe! And if that wasn’t enough the winner will also learn the ropes of TV presenting, plus host of a weekly segment on U live.
Rhythm & Vines Creative Director Hamish Pinkham says the Rhythm & Vines Team is excited about running the competition again.
“We’re looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for Rhythm & Vines, has a passion for all the things that make R&V a world class event and has the ability to communicate what we’re about to the world”.
“It’s great to be teaming up U as well – this really will be an opportunity of a lifetime for the winner”.
Go to rhythmandvines.co.nz for more information and check out U live or u.co.nz for Connor’s tips on ‘what not to do’.
The nitty gritty:
• The competition runs from 7 – 21 September 2011. To enter, simply post a video at www.rhythmandvines.co.nz telling us why you should be chosen as this year’s R&V Protégé.
• The finalists will fly to Auckland courtesy of Grabaseat for two days in late September.
• They will be put through a series of challenges – including covering R&V Soundcheck – and filmed for a special feature to air on U the following month.
• The top four will return home where they’ll complete a series of challenges over a period of four weeks.
• Each week, the public will vote for their favourite, with the winner announced early November.