A final six Cantabrian families have been selected and for the first time, New Zealand can vote for the family they think most deserves a shot at creating and winning their dream home.
The final six families in the running for Mitre 10 Dream Home are:
- The Fail/Blair family: Amanda Fail (31) is a hairdresser and Jay Blair (29) is a fabric layer and cutter for a clothing company. The de facto pair has been together for two and a half years and have three children from Amanda’s previous marriage.
- The Giles family: Martyn Giles (43) is a sign writer and Sarah Giles (35) is a stay-at-home mum. They are married, have been together for 18 years and have two biological kids and four foster children between them. Sarah home-schools all six children.
- The McManus/Clarkson family: Manu Clarkson (33) is a fire-fighter and Danielle McManus (27) is a full-time mum. They have been together 10 years, are currently engaged and have three children.
- The Murphy family: Jarrad Murphy (28) is a sales manager and Casey Murphy (24) works in admin part-time. They have been together for five and a half years and have two young children. They got married at the beginning of this year.
- The Vercoe family: Damian Vercoe (30) is a brand manager and Crystal Vercoe (29) is a work-at-home mum with a hobby business. They are married, have been together 10 years and have two young children.
- The Wilson family: Riki Wilson (25) is a labourer and Whitney Wilson (24) works in data entry. They are married, have been together for four and a half year and have two young boys.
Voting is now open and can be completed via TVNZ’s website. Voting closes November 9.
Public vote will determine the first family through and the second will be selected by a judging panel. The final two will be revealed when Mitre 10 Dream Home returns to TV2 in 2013.