If you’re either super smart or super hot (but not both) then Beauty and the Geek Australia’s producers are looking for you.
The show is seeking out New Zealand contestants to take part in the latest season of the Channel 7 reality series this year.
So if you’re keen on embarrassing yourself in two countries in the hopes of winning $100,000, then head over to the tv3 website to apply.
Shine Australia’s Executive Producer Marty Benson says, “As a result of the success of Beauty and the Geek Australia in New Zealand it makes perfect sense to spread our casting net. I am really excited by this decision and look forward to meeting Beauties and Geeks across the Tasman.”
The Beauties are vivacious, fun-loving girls who enjoy socialising and being the centre of attention. They’re preened and ready to take centre stage, but ask their opinion on politics, the solution to a mathematical equation, or how to reboot a hard drive and they’ll be stumped.
The Geeks are intellectual pin-ups. They love sci-fi, comics, gaming and computers. They are socially-awkward, conversationally-challenged and some are still waiting for their first kiss.
In each episode there will be difficult but hilarious challenges. Beauties will be challenged to find their inner geek by getting to understand the world of their partners. The Geeks will have to venture way out of their comfort zones as they try to learn the secrets of good grooming, appropriate conversation and successful social intercourse.
The winners of the challenges select two teams to compete against each other in an elimination quiz. The team with the least correct answers is eliminated.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Single Beauties and Geeks between the ages of 18 – 30
• People who are happy to be on camera
• People who are up for some fun
• Citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
If the first part of your application process is successful you must be available for a casting call in New Zealand in March 2013.
If selected to appear on the show you must be available for up to 7 weeks between April and June 2013 overseas.
HOW TO ENTER:
For an online application form please go to tv3.co.nz/beautyandthegeek. The application is split into a series of questions, and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. You must fill in your application form yourself. You must read through and agree to all the Terms & Conditions and give consent for your involvement in the series.
• You must be a New Zealand resident
• You must be single
• You must be over 18 years of age.
• You need to provide a clear photo of yourself with your face visible ready to upload as part of the application. This photo must be less than 500Kb, and can be resized at http://picresize.com if required.
• You must be available and able to commit to all the filming days required, as outlined above and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
• The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 3rd March 2013
• You will only hear from the Producers if we think you may be a suitable cast member for Beauty and the Geek Australia. Please do not contact us to check on the status of your application.