Today’s episode of The Days of our Lives is our final for now. When we purchased the series we took a year’s worth of episodes and these have now run out. We need to evaluate how the series has worked for us and hope to have more news at a later date but just wanted to let you all know……
With 24: Live Another Day only 11 days away and no sign of it in the upcoming schedules, I asked TVNZ, Mediaworks and Sky to confirm which of them had the rights to the new series of the program and whether or not it would be fast tracked. Continue reading »
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- 2 Broke Girls: 61630 (TV2, 9:00pm – 9:30pm)
- Bananas in Pyjamas: 53530 (FOUR, 8:50am – 9:00am)
- Once Upon A Time: 41360 (TV2, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Sons Of Anarchy: 33990 (TV3, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- The Big Bang Theory: 28880 (TV2, 8:30pm – 9:00pm) Continue reading »
Eric Hill, a contestant on the upcoming season of The Bachelorette, passed away Wednesday following a paragliding accident on Sunday.
“Eric shared his final journey with us this morning as all his immediate family were able to be at his side when he passed away,” Hill’s sister Karen Tracy posted on Facebook. “Thank you to all of your love and support and prayers and fasting. It was amazing to be with so many of his friends and family yesterday in the hospital who came to express their love for Eric. He gave us such a gift of a life fully lived and fully shared, and allowed us all to be a part of his last adventure here on earth. It is hard to think of life without his bright spark, but we know he is on to new adventures. We look forward to carrying on his legacy here and greeting him joyfully again someday. I love you so much, little brother!”
- One News: 633,760 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Fair Go: 510,600 (TV ONE, 8:00pm – 8:30pm)
- Rapid Response: 496,310 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 462,370 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Seven Sharp: 418,760 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
HBO has done its first streaming content deal but it’s not with Netflix. From May 21, Amazon Prime subscribers will be able to stream series from HBO that initially screened at least three years earlier. This will include The Sopranos, Six Feet Under and The Wire and eventually Girls, The Newsroom and Veep, however Game of Thrones has been excluded from the deal along with Sex and the City, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm which currently have syndication deals in play.
Further more, HBO Go will become available on Amazon’s new set top box, Fire TV.
The question is, could this service be offered in New Zealand?
Perhaps the fortunes of TV3′s 3rd Degree have turned around and audiences have finally warmed to the combination of Duncan Garner and Samantha Hayes after last week saw a jump to an average audience of 232,140 viewers. This was the fourth highest rating episode of the series to date and well above the average of 190,422 for 2013.
This week, a case has entered the US Supreme Court that sees tech startup Aereo being challenged over whether their streaming content service is legal or if it breaches the rights of broadcasters. Winning this case is likely to have a significant impact on free-to-air networks and their licensing agreements if carriers who are currently paying can effectively bypass them as well as other implications for cloud based services.
Have a listen to this podcast from Deadline:
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Revenge: 48600 (TV2, 9:35pm – 10:35pm)
- Step Dave: 42030 (TV2, 8:35pm – 9:35pm)
- NCIS: 41750 (TV3, 8:35pm – 9:30pm)
- Women Behind Bars Life & Death: 36920 (TV ONE, 9:40pm – 10:45pm)
- Shortland Street: 34440 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm) Continue reading »