TV3’s 25th birthday is a huge occasion. In honour of this, Jono, Ben, Guy and Rose have been allowed an extra 30 minutes of airtime and an earlier slot for their extravaganza Jono and Ben Celebrate TV3’s 1/2 Half Century, which screens this Friday 21 November at 7.30pm.
There will be a party in a bigger-than-usual studio, with live music, plus all your favourite Jono and Ben at Ten segments. Continue reading »
Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX), the leading Internet movie and TV subscription service, is heading down under, announcing today it will expand into Australia and New Zealand in March 2015.
Internet-connected users in Australia and New Zealand will be able to subscribe to Netflix and instantly watch a curated selection of popular movies and TV shows in high-definition or even 4K where available. At launch, the premium and unique Netflix offering will include such original series as Marco Polo, BoJack Horseman and, among many kids titles, DreamWorks Animation’s All Hail King Julien. Continue reading »
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- The Mentalist: 61780 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- The Blacklist: 49100 (TV3, 8:40pm – 9:35pm)
- Unforgettable: 44340 (TV ONE, 9:30pm – 10:25pm)
- Sons Of Anarchy: 30710 (TV3, 9:35pm – 10:50pm)
- Shortland Street: 28620 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:35pm) Continue reading »
- One News: 590,990 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Seven Sharp: 421,380 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Shortland Street: 407,800 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Dynamo Magician Impossible: 379,050 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:30pm)
- The Block NZ Unlocked: 299,390 (TV3, 7:35pm – 8:40pm)
TVNZ is today requesting proposals from independent producers for outsourced production of its stable of Maori and Pacific programmes.
TVNZ’s plan to outsource the programmes, with the exception of Te Karere, was announced a month ago, subject to further discussion with staff, funding agencies and industry and community groups. Continue reading »
TV Talk is our daily general discussion thread at Throng.
Readers are invited to share their own thoughts and observations on television in New Zealand as we attempt to crowd source all the details around what is happening in the industry and beyond.
This includes, but is not limited to, breaking news, bloopers from live TV and anything a television personality posts on social media that might be of interest to other readers.
To participate, just add your comments below. Alternatively, you can always use the Tip Line.