Welcome to tonight’s recap/discussion thread for Shortland Street. Continue reading »
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- The Flash: 62060 (TV2, 8:35pm – 9:35pm)
- Arrow: 56900 (TV2, 9:35pm – 10:35pm)
- Madam Secretary: 44840 (PRIME, 8:35pm – 9:30pm)
- Offspring: 35260 (TV ONE, 8:50pm – 9:50pm)
- Shortland Street: 35010 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:35pm) Continue reading »
Ratings are a complicated beast. There’s multiple figures which are used such as total average audience, key demographics and share. Ratings are spun to suit the agenda that TV networks and program makers have in order to justify their existence. Cume (or reach) figures have been used when networks get really desperate to show a big number.
TV networks routinely combine both the live broadcast and “plus one” data to pitch to advertisers as their “total audience” for any given show. Pip Keane, Campbell Live‘s producer, noted that Throng doesn’t follow this convention and is therefore showing lower viewership figures. It’s an emotive time for her team and numbers could be the deciding factor for the fate of the show.
— Pip Keane (@pipkeane) April 28, 2015
- One News: 724,020 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Seven Sharp: 535,390 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Britain’s Got Talent: 388,590 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:45pm)
- Police Ten 7: 367,680 (TV2, 7:30pm – 8:05pm)
- Car Crash TV: 350,040 (TV2, 8:05pm – 8:35pm)
TV Talk is our daily general discussion thread at Throng.
Readers are invited to share their own thoughts and observations on television in New Zealand as we attempt to crowd source all the details around what is happening in the industry and beyond.
This includes, but is not limited to, breaking news, bloopers from live TV and anything a television personality posts on social media that might be of interest to other readers.
To participate, just add your comments below. Alternatively, you can always use the Tip Line.