Today let’s look at the nominees for Actress in a Comedy:
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
Lena Dunham (Girls)
Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly)
Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie)
Taylor Schilling (Orange Is The New Black)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreations)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
Some interesting points to note:
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus has won for the past two years, and is the frontrunner to win again this year.
- Amy Poehler has been nominated for the past four years. Could fifth time be the charm?
- In 2010, Edie Falco was the first woman to win for leading roles on both comedy and drama series – she won Best Actress for “The Sopranos” back in 1999, 2001, and 2003.
- Lena Dunham is also a regular nominee but is yet to win. She has also been nominated for writing, direction and producing the show “Girls”.
- Melissa McCarthy is back in the nominees after missing out last year.
- I would have liked to see a nomination for Lisa Kudrow for Showtime’s “Web Therapy”. Hopefully next year she can win for “The Comeback”!
- Many thought Mindy Kaling of “The Mindy Project” would receive a nomination this year.
Who will win:
Who should win:
- Taylor Schilling (Orange is the New Black). I freaking love this show so I want anyone from it to win, pretty much. OITNB is more of a dramedy than a comedy as such, but she is great in the role.
Tomorrow – Best Supporting Actor/Actress Drama