The Block New Zealand: Villa Wars was a massive hit with New Zealand audiences. The final where Brooke and Mitch were crowned winners of The Block NZ: Villa Wars and won a life-changing $290,000 won across all four demos attracting a 12.6 rating and a huge 35.9 share in the 25-54 demo.
In the nail-biting episode, Jamie and Hayden and Cat and Jeremy both pocketed $160,000; with Sarah and Minanne taking away a massive $123,000.
The Block NZ Villa Wars was tuned into by 846,000 viewers (5+ cume) at some stage over the final episode. Average audiences were up 25.9 per cent from 386,400 in the 2014 final to 486,500 last night (overnight ratings).
- The Block NZ Villa Wars: 238,200 (52%, TV3, 7:00pm – 8:35pm)
- One News: 184,800 (32%, TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Kevin McCloud’s Escape To The Wild: 138,800 (58%, TV3, 8:35pm – 9:30pm)
- The Longest Yard: 122,300 (74%, TV2, 8:30pm – 10:50pm)
- Call The Midwife: 118,400 (38%, TV ONE, 8:35pm – 9:45pm)
- One News: 172,200 (34%, TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Clueless: 124,500 (61%, TV2, 7:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Shrek Forever After: 111,800 (62%, TV3, 7:00pm – 8:55pm)
- Burlesque: 98,600 (68%, TV2, 9:00pm – 11:25pm)
- MasterChef Australia: 88,000 (34%, TV ONE, 7:00pm – 8:10pm)
- 7 Days: 211,700 (79%, TV3, 9:30pm – 10:35pm)
- Shortland Street: 184,100 (62%, TV2, 7:00pm – 7:35pm)
- The Graham Norton Show: 166,700 (62%, TV3, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- Jono and Ben: 140,800 (95%, TV3, 7:30pm – 8:30pm)
- MasterChef Australia: 127,900 (42%, TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:45pm)
The average audience for TV3’s late news show Newsworthy was up 6% last week to 74,564 viewers per night, the highest weekly average the show has had since it began. The show has been dogged with poor ratings. Monday night’s show drew a little over 35,000 viewers but it was Friday’s show that was the highlight of the week.
Friday’s average audience of 146,300 viewers wasn’t only the best night that Newsworthy has ever had, it beat 3 News at 6pm which only had an average audience of 142,810 viewers.
- One News: 582,960 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- The Block NZ Villa Wars: 458,500 (TV3, 7:00pm – 8:35pm)
- Border Security: 395,580 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Life Story: 313,190 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:35pm)
- Call The Midwife: 310,420 (TV ONE, 8:35pm – 9:45pm)
Monday saw TV3 replace Story with their special interview When Hilary met Oprah. According to Mediaworks, it delivered the best ratings TV3 had had at 7pm since the launch of their new current affairs program in the key demographic. However, their use of cume was questionable.
The interview rated with an average audience of 199,550 viewers. 13 episodes of Story have had larger audiences.
For the rest of the week, Story had an average audience of 164,467 viewers per night, a drop of 2% on the previous week. With Monday included in the current affairs numbers, the average audience for the four nights were up 3% on the previous week to 173,253.