The cult hit’s officially titled Veronica Mars, will hit theaters on March 14, 2014 — almost exactly a year after the film’s fundraising efforts began. No word on whether the film will get an international distribution yet though. Continue reading »
- One News: 575,130 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 512,040 (TV2, 7:05pm – 7:35pm)
- High Country Rescue: 358,910 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Two and a Half Men: 347,490 (TV2, 7:35pm – 8:00pm)
- Prison Families: 343,380 (TV3, 8:05pm – 8:35pm)
With all the wet weather around the last few days it will be interesting to see if the viewership figures are up. How much does the rain affect whether or not you spend time in front of the TV?
As always, this is your space to discuss anything to do with television.
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Supersized Earth: 37000 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:45pm)
- The Walking Dead: 35810 (TV2, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Hawaii Five-O: 35130 (TV3, 9:35pm – 10:35pm)
- The Mentalist: 26250 (TV2, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- The School: 15600 (TV ONE, 9:45pm – 10:50pm) Continue reading »
- One News: 599,380 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 460,490 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Aust. Federal Police:Frontline: 377,760 (TV3, 7:35pm – 8:00pm)
- Seven Sharp: 352,500 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Supersized Earth: 351,740 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:45pm)
This is our daily discussion thread for all things television. Anything that’s on your mind, this is the place to talk about it.
It has been reported that the decline in TV viewership in 2013 is down 5% on last year with the last few months down 10-15%. Here is something to consider though.
In 2012, the combined viewership of Close Up and Campbell Live at 7pm was on average, 688,508 viewers each night. In 2013, that number to date is 677,663. That’s a decline of only 1.6%, or 10,845 viewers per night.
When you consider the overall drop in viewership, it would appear from these figures that the 7pm current affairs shows have not suffered nearly as much as everything else. This could be interpreted as though current affairs, particularly at 7pm, is what viewers are interested in watching. Continue reading »
Last week I took a look at how Campbell Live has actually fared in 2013 and while Seven Sharp has dominated in the ratings, the outlook for TV3’s current affairs program was much better than it may have seemed.
Today we take a look at how Seven Sharp has performed compared to Close Up.
TVNZ had stated that the reason for the changes at 7pm were due to the declining ratings. In 2011, Close Up was down 1.5% on 2010. 2012, which may have been the clincher for the decision, saw a 7.6% decline in audience. 2013 really has been much, much worse for TVNZ though as the free fall hasn’t been stopped or even been slowed, it has sped up. In 2013, Seven Sharp has managed to lose 16.9% of the audience from 2012.
Seven Sharp has taken TV One from having an average audience of 453,104 viewers per episode in 2012 to 376,558 in 2013 – on average that’s 76,546 less viewers every single night in 2013 compared to how Close Up performed last year. Continue reading »
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Downton Abbey: 52020 (PRIME, 8:30pm – 9:35pm)
- Red Widow: 41530 (TV ONE, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Person Of Interest: 38980 (TV ONE, 8:35pm – 9:30pm)
- Jack Reacher: 26720 (SKY Movies Premiere, 6:20pm – 8:25pm)
- The Bourne Supremacy: 17850 (TV3, 8:30pm – 10:50pm) Continue reading »
- One News: 653,470 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 548,940 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:35pm)
- Crash Investigation Unit: 520,330 (TV ONE, 8:00pm – 8:30pm)
- Piha Rescue: 460,820 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Seven Sharp: 366,380 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm) Continue reading »