Over 90 different Nat Geo outlets and 120 Fox-related networks around the world are combining to accomplish the task of launching Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey on March 9 and 10. The global plan will enable the series to reach 400 million households outside of the US.
New TV series are no longer the exclusive domain for broadcasters with online streaming services launching their own series or, as in Amazon’s case, pilots for fans to watch, rate and review prior to being picked up for full seasons. Ten pilots have been produced for viewers to help determine which will make it to a full season. There are two dramas in the latest round of series vying for a full series are supernatural thriller The After and Bosch (Chris Carter – The X Files / Eric Overmyer – The Wire) along with three comedies Mozart in the Jungle, Transparent and The Rebels as well as five kids’ shows Girtimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, Hardboiled Eggheads, The Jo B. & G. Raff Show, Maker Shack Agency and Wishenpoof.
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Doc Martin: 64490 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:35pm)
- C.S.I: 42160 (TV3, 8:35pm – 9:30pm)
- Reign: 33820 (PRIME, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces: 22850 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Shortland Street: 19510 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm) Continue reading »
The people of Ferndale celebrate Waitangi Day. Continue reading »
- One News: 518,800 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 489,600 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces: 426,970 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:35pm)
- Doc Martin: 383,610 (TV ONE, 8:35pm – 9:35pm)
- Seven Sharp: 347,510 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
The return to prime time of Michael J Fox has been short lived after his new show, which has struggled in the ratings, has been pulled by NBC. The Michael J Fox Show screens on Four here in New Zealand.
2015 Golden Globe dates and hosts announced
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will once again take to the stage to host the Golden Globes in 2015 as the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announce that the 72nd annual awards show will air on Jan 11, 2015. Continue reading »
Are you back at work or has the four day work week become three with an extra long weekend? As always, this is your place to discuss whatever you like about television.
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Shortland Street: 36510 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Elementary: 32320 (PRIME, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- Sons Of Anarchy: 22540 (TV3, 9:30pm – 10:45pm)
- Meet The Frockers: 19670 (TV ONE, 8:00pm – 8:30pm)
- Hostages: 19380 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 10:20pm) Continue reading »
- One News: 612,230 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 539,690 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- The Inspectors: 350,770 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:05pm)
- The Block All Stars: 347,180 (TV3, 7:35pm – 8:30pm)
- Seven Sharp: 340,040 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
While a couple of protestors try and work up a media eager on some drama up at Waitangi, most of the rest of us will be enjoying the day off, wishing that it was a day to celebrate the birth of our nation instead of the annual whinge fest it normally is. If you’re avoiding the news today like us, what are you up to? Does it involve watching anything else on TV?
As is the case every day, this is your chance to have your say on anything you’ve seen on TV you’d like to discuss. This means coverage of Waitangi as well, if you wish.