Cory Monteith died from a “mixed drug toxicity that involved heroin, primarily, and also alcohol,” according to an initial autopsy report conducted by the British Columbia Coroner’s Office.
- One News: 712,590 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Dynamo Magician Impossible: 575,950 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Shortland Street: 566,020 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Seven Sharp: 368,270 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Mitre 10 Dream Home: 359,340 (TV2, 7:30pm – 8:40pm)
This is the third post in a series about channel share and how each of the main players have been performing over the last few years. On Monday we had a look at TVNZ. Yesterday it was Mediaworks. Today we’ll look at Sky Television.
The most unfortunate thing about the Sky Television ratings is that apart from a couple of individual channels, the bulk of the data is aggregated. This gives Sky the single largest individual channel share despite it including multiple channels. in 2011, boosted by the Rugby World Cup, Sky Televsion grew its channel share by 7.3% to 29.6%. In 2012, the London Olympics helped maintain that share, moving up by 0.5% to 29.8% while 2013 is off to a slow start with a loss of 4.7% of the channel share so far to 28.4% which is likely to end up being lower now that he EPL rights have been lost.
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Castle: 60140 (TV ONE, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Grey’s Anatomy: 47510 (TV2, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- Wentworth: 33400 (TV2, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Person Of Interest: 28290 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- Border Security: 25800 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:00pm) Continue reading »
In TV2’s target demographic of AP 18–49, a 54% share of those watching TV at the time chose to watch the feature-length episode which is an increase on previous 90 minute episodes. Continue reading »
THE sudden death of Glee star Cory Monteith has Hollywood executives racing to figure out how the show can continue without him.
Executives at Fox have had to call emergency meetings to discuss the more practical realities of how Glee can continue in the wake of Monteith’s sudden death.
The 31-year-old actor was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday after he failed to check-out on time. Continue reading »
Executive producer Brian Buckner, who last March replaced Mark Hudis as the show runner, will remain in that role for Season 7. Continue reading »
- One News: 810,050 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Shortland Street: 719,780 (TV2, 7:00pm – 8:35pm)
- Dog Squad: 436,910 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Seven Sharp: 403,890 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- 3 News: 403,740 (TV3, 6:00pm – 7:00pm) Continue reading »
The X Factor NZ is heading to Christchurch, Greymouth and Palmerston North this week as Grand Finalists Whenua Patuwai, Jackie Thomas and Benny Tipene each visits their hometown for some last minute support and inspiration.
Starting in Christchurch on Tuesday, The X Factor NZ Top 3 are looking forward to catching up with family and friends, and performing for local fans ahead of their biggest challenge to date this weekends Grand Finals. Continue reading »