TVNZ communications manager Megan Richards said: “We’ve spoken to many people who attended last night and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and for many, Andrew’s presentation was a highlight of the evening. There was no indication anyone was offended and the subsequent questions [yesterday] came as a surprise.
“Andrew had no intention to cause offence and unreservedly apologises to anyone who may have been offended at the event or subsequently.” Continue reading »
TVNZ announced their 2014 line up at an extravagant event we weren’t invited to but attended anyway at the Viaduct Events Centre in Auckland last night. It was an event full of bragging. TVNZ are number one in News, Current Affairs, Drama, Comedy and Local Content and they proudly paraded those facts in front of advertisers and selected media along with delegates from Disney and Fox, who they’re currently trying to woo into an output deal over Mediaworks.
The event opened with alcohol being plied to the cash rich advertisers as a circus ringmaster welcomed everyone to the event of the year.
Once inside, the screens were massive and the way they used them all throughout the presentation was pretty impressive. Imagine the promotion for The Muppets movie which will screen on TV2 in 2014 with a different muppet in their show window in each of those screens.
Of course, Paul Henry wasn’t in management.
For those who think the first photo I used was unfair, here is another taken during the show that contradicts claims that the venue was full.
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Under the Dome: 42090 (PRIME, 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
- Cougar Town: 37040 (TV2, 9:00pm – 9:30pm)
- Peppa Pig: 30520 (FOUR, 9:20am – 9:25am)
- Peppa Pig: 30520 (FOUR, 9:25am – 9:30am)
- The Big Bang Theory: 26640 (TV2, 8:30pm – 9:00pm) Continue reading »
Delegates from Fox were in attendance at TVNZ’s new season launch last night as the state broadcaster attempts to woo them into an output deal and were treated to some good ol’ fashioned racism by TVNZ’s General Manager of Commissioning, Production and Acquisitions, Andrew Shaw.
Shaw danced his way onto stage in his typical high energy fashion and could easily have been mistaken for one of the geriatric auditionees from New Zealand’s Got Talent before embarking on his impassioned speech about what was to come from TVNZ in 2014.
- One News: 598,250 (TV ONE, 6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Fair Go Ad Awards 2013: 519,340 (TV ONE, 7:30pm – 8:05pm)
- Shortland Street: 463,950 (TV2, 7:00pm – 7:35pm)
- Seven Sharp: 361,740 (TV ONE, 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
- The Life and Times of Temuera Morrison: 339,900 (TV ONE, 8:05pm – 8:35pm)
Last night, TVNZ held their new season launch at the Viaduct Events Centre in Auckland. We weren’t invited. When we asked if someone had simply forgotten to send it to us or if it had been lost in the post since we’d recently moved, we were told
New Season Launch is largely a trade focused event, and we’ve had to keep numbers at a minimum this year again with only select key media invited along.
and after calling bullshit on that, we were told
we are working with limited space and seats
However, I went anyway.
This is what they meant by limited space and seating:
Top 20 most time shifted shows
- Hawaii Five-O: 57800 (TV3, 9:35pm – 10:30pm)
- North America Savage Edge: 42340 (TV ONE, 8:30pm – 9:35pm)
- The Walking Dead: 38370 (TV2, 9:30pm – 10:30pm)
- Chicago Fire: 33090 (TV3, 11:10pm – 12:10am)
- The Mentalist: 31200 (TV2, 8:30pm – 9:30pm) Continue reading »