- Law commission alcohol proposal (Live cross, Jessica Mutch)
- Funding the 2010 Budget (Guyon Espiner)
- Wellington power cut (Live cross, Catherine Wedd)
- Bomb hoax at Dunedin airport
- Airports re-open in Europe (Live cross, Lisa Owen)
- Law commission alcohol proposal (Rebecca Wright)
- Funding the 2010 Budget (Duncan Garner)
- Wellington power cut (Live cross, Rachel Morton)
- Rugby World Cup fakes (Simon Shepherd)
- Bomb hoax at Dunedin airport (Dave Goosselink)
Kudos to ONE News, looks like they did their tax calculations correctly tonight in their alcohol report. Also kudos for giving credit to Kiwiblog for breaking the law commission story, unlike 3 News who just said “blogsite”.
There seems to be a contradiction between ONE News and 3 News‘ calculation for spirit tax (which is the biggest, so most likely to show an error in calculation).
ONE News said a bottle of vodka would rise about $8.50, whereas 3 News said a $40 bottle of whisky will rise by $28.44. 3 News is incorrect:
$40 before GST is $35.56. The spirit tax is currently 50%, i.e. $17.78. The proposed tax is 75%, i.e. $26.67. Therefore the new price before GST is $44.44, and the new price after GST will be $50. I.e. the price will rise by $10.00.
Good to see Lisa Owen (again) reporting on ONE News this week. She’s an excellent reporter and covered the airport re-opening story well.
Can someone please explain why interviews with politicians in the hallway at Parliament always have a horrible feedback-type sound in the background, no matter which bulletin it’s on? It’s rather irritating – is it some air-conditioner or lift or something?
ONE News – crediting their source and getting the maths right.