NB: This post will be updated shortly. In the meantime, feel free to leave your thoughts on tonights stories below.
- Heavy rain forecast – Canterbury (Live cross, Tom McRae)
- Flooding warning – Otago
- Heavy rain forecast (Jim Hickey)
- DHB Investigation (Exclusive, Live cross, Catherine Wedd)
- Emma Wood’s press conference (Vicki Wilkinson-Baker)
- Emma Wood’s press conference (Melissa Davies)
- The unborn baby law – Australia (Live cross, Amanda Gillies)
- Rugby player deported
- Duchess of York apologises (Ingrid Hipkiss)
- News of the World reporter (Tony Ciprian)
We’re doing these news updates from the tropical paradise of Hawaii (and the home of Lost!), and it looks like we’re really escaping some nasty weather back home. When you’re out of the country, the news takes on a different slant. As expected, ONE News had a big emphasis on the bad weather which is forecast but 3 News didn’t.
3 News had the News of the World tabloid story high up in the bulletin (ONE News advertised it for later on down) about the Duchess of York taking payment in an undercover camera story and then apologising. This was followed by a very tabloid story on the reporter in the sting’s past stories. All this before the heavy rain/flooding/forecast.
ONE News – while I may criticise them every so often for going overboard with weather stories, 3 News filled the Top 5 with two tabloid stories, a brief mention of a rugby player’s deportation and a story about a potential law change in Australia – before anything to do with the bad weather in New Zealand.