Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Pike River inquiry (Lisa Davies, live cross)
2. Biggest P lab bust near Taupo
3. Kiwi’s arrested in USA on drugs charges
4. High profile businessman arrested (Amy Kelley)
5. Urewera 4 case
1. Trevor Mallard breaks his own scalping law (Tova O’Brien, live cross)
2. Iran shows off nuclear fuel rod (John Irvine, ITV)
3. US wants to ban Iran from banking system
4. Biggest P lab bust near Taupo
5. Government surplus (Duncan Garner)
It was an interesting top 5 tonight in that both networks only had one story in common – the biggest P lab bust in NZ.
Trevor Mallad’s embarrassing ticket scalping lead 3 News while it was the ongoing inquiry at Pike River on One. Kiwi’s busted on Cocaine charges, a high profile businessman arrested and given name suppression and a delay of the Urewera 4 case were the top stories on One while Iran unveiling a nuclear fuel rod, the US threatening to get Iran kicked out of the international banking system and the government surplus were on 3.
Which do you think were the most important stories of the day?