Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Maori Party threatening to quit government (Jessica Mutch, live cross)
2. Glen Becker in court over cyclist death (Kim Vinnell)
3. Pike River charges
4. Occpy Wellington eviction (Arrun Soma)
5. POAL strike (Alexi O’Brien, live cross)
1. Lion Man Craig Busch heading back to Zion Wildlife Park (Michael Morrah)
2. Maori Party threatening to quit government (Patrick Gower, live cross)
3. Rob Fyfe resigns from Air New Zealand (Tony Field, live cross)
4. Jetstar cancels flight (Adrian Taylor)
5. Occupy Wellington eviction (Dan Parker)
Only 2 stories were in common tonight. The Zion Wildlife Park sale lead 3 News but it was just outside the Top 5 on One News. One News coverage by Kate Lynch also uncovered background details of the buyers and their history with Craig Busch.
Tony Field provided speculation as to who might replace Rob Fyfe as CEO of Air New Zealand. One of them was Christopher Luxon who Field claimed managed 1.4 million staff when he was CEO at Unilever Canada. Canada has a population of 34 million so that figure is unlikely. When we take a look at the Unilver Canada website, they state that at the end of 2010 they had 167,000 staff.