Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Convicted sex offender found to have taught at schools (Michael Parkin, live cross)
2. $900k upgrade of swimming pool at NZ Embassy in Japan (Jessica Mutch, exclusive)
3. Otago Rugby Union on brink (Max Bania, live cross)
4. Sports star in court
5. Kim Dotcom trial
1. Convicted sex offender found to have taught at schools (Patrick Gower)
2. Convicted rapist admits breaching supervision order
3. Former minister and Lombard Finance directors lose parliamentary perks (Duncan Garner)
4. Cruise ship adrift in Indian Ocean (Alex Carruthers)
5. Beneficiaries looking for jobs (Tova O’Brien, live cross)
The story of the convicted sex offender who has been found to have been working at at least 8 schools that lead both networks appears to have been broken by Maori Television’s Te Kaea. 3 News quoted them as the source but I can’t find any other media doing so online.
The $900k upgrade of the swimming pool at the New Zealand Embassy in Tokyo was as much appalling as it was a good exclusive.
Max Bania had the quote of the night, describing the uphill battle for the Otago Rugby Union as being two converted tries down with 5 minutes to play.