Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Weather bomb (John Newton, live cross)
2. Weather bomb (Charlotte Bellis)
3. Weather bomb (Simon Bradwell)
4. Sailor rescued off Raglan coast (Joy Reid, exclusive)
5. Weather bomb
1. Weather bomb (Brook Sabin, live cross)
2. Weather bomb (Jerram Watts, live cross)
3. Weather bomb (Josh Heslop, live cross)
4. Australian weather
5. More tornados in the US
Weather was the only thing on the mind of both networks tonight. One News had exclusive footage from the One News sponsored Rescue Helicopter which plucked a sailor from the sea off the coast of Raglan.
It was the first time I’d seen Jerram Watts on TV3 and his comment “When Wellington throws you a lemon, make lemonade” left me wondering if he might be TV3’s verson of Jack Tame.
TV3 also made the most of having Josh Heslop live at the TV3 sponsored Derby Day at Ellerslie.