Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Jock Hobbs dies (Andrew Saville)
2. Huge breach of privacy at ACC (Simon Bradwell)
3. Urewera 4 case (Donna-Marie Lever)
4. POAL strike (Kim Vinnell, live cross)
5. Death penalty a possibility for US soldier
1. Jock Hobbs dies (Hamish McKay, breaking news)
2. Syrian deaths (Alice Carruthers)
3. Huge breach of privacy at ACC (Adam Ray, live cross)
4. Chris Cairns libel trial (Melissa Davies)
5. Air Asia X ends service to Christchurch (Jeff Hampton)
The death of Jock Hobbs lead both bulletins tonight. 3 News had it as breaking news although the story had been out for close to half an hour.
The ACC privacy breach is concerning. While the breach happened in August last year, ACC were only made aware of it in December. Now, in March, the public is made aware.
The Urewera 4, POAL strike and suggestions the soldier responsible for killing 16 Afghani civilians yesterday might get the death penalty were the other stories on One News while more carnage in Syria, the ongoing Chris Cairns match-fixing case and the end of Air Asia X’s flights to Christchurch were on 3.
The Urewera 4 case is regularly in the Top 5 for One News as the case continues while 3 News has had Chris Cairn’s case in theirs. Which is the more important of the two stories?