Here is a run down of the 5 most important stories on One News and 3 News tonight. Please leave your comments on the bulletins in the comments below.
1. Job losses at Te Puni Kokiri (Heather du Plessis-Allen, live cross)
2. Asset Sales (Jessica Mutch, live cross)
3. Christchurch City Council protest (Lorelei Mason)
4. Christchurch royal commission (Ruth Wynn-Williams)
5. Florida republican primary (Tim Wilson, live cross)
1. Christchurch City Council protest (Hamish Clark, live cross)
2. Sanitarium factory closure in Christchurch
3. James Cameron moving to Wairarapa (Patrick Gower)
4. Fijian weather (Michael Morrah)
5. Florida republican primary (Adam Hollingworth)
Heather du Plessis-Allen’s story was cut short leaving her hanging, seemingly wondering if her planned script was going to make sense any more.
Tim Wilson suggested that Newt Ginrich’s comebacks made Lazarus look like an amateur.
We’ve been having some interesting discussions about the timing of the Maori Party / National coalition dramas. Is this an actual issue or something manufactured just in time for Waitangi Day? It would be highly surprising to me if the coalition fell apart so early after agreement was reached, especially when it is in both parties’ interests to work it out. Time will tell but I suspect there will eventually be some compromises made and deals done that keeps everyone happy and all this speculation about the government falling over will all come to nothing.